Casting & Metal Capabilities
Gray Iron: 0.5# to 75#
Ductile Iron: 0.5# to 60#
Maximum Flask Dimensions (Imposes Limitation on Casting Dimensions)
Sinto Automated Molding: 20” x 24” x 8”over 8”
Roto-Lift Manual Molding: 24” x 24” x 10” over 10”
Jolt Squeeze Manual Molding: 18” x 18” x 6” over 6
Gray Iron Grades
Class 20, 25, 30, 35, 40
Ductile Iron Grades
65-45-12, 60-40-15, 60-40-18, 60-45-15, 80-55-06, 80-60-03, 100-70-03
- Two 8,000-lb., coreless induction melting furnaces, rated at 5 tons per hour
- Baldor Electric Generator for electrical power backup to furnace water pumps coolers, hydraulics
Molding & Auxiliary Equipment
- Two 20" x 24" Sinto molding machines with Vulcan Tru-dex mold handling units
- Beardsley Piper 100B Speedmullor
- Two jolt squeezer molding machines. Flask sizes from 12" x 18" up to 18" x 18"
- Two Roto-Lift molding machines. Flask sizes from 16" x 24" up to 24" x 24"
- Two 50-ton storage bins for bond and raw sand additions
- Auto feed sand conveyors to molding centers
- Ability to adapt Hunter 10 and Hunter 20 plates to our molding machines
- Casting Weights: Gray Iron: 0.5# to 75#, Ductile Iron: 0.5# to 60#
- Two Gaylord 19VSTB coldbox machines-core box sizes to 19"x16"
- OMCO - MS-1 Super Bowl Mixer with capacity up to 3 tons sand per hour
- One Redford CB22 cold box machine-corebox size up to 22" x 22"
- Two Redford shell machines-corebox size up to 14" x 14" or 16" x 16"
- One double-end Harrison shell machine-corebox size up to 18" x 18"
- Oil sand core blowers and ovens
- Didion Rotary Shakeout Drum MD-100/80 MK5 Series V
- MD-28 cu.ft. Tumblast Shot Blast Machine
- Four variable-speed snag grinders
- One Ransburg electro-static point spray booth
- One Wheelabrator spinner hanger cabinet blast
- One 6-cu.ft. Casting Tumbler
- All heat treatment is performed by approved commercial facilities
Finishing and Machining
- All machining is performed to customer specifications by approved commercial facilities
- Customer specified coatings are applied using Ransburg electrostatic painting equipment
We use microscopic inspections, gas discharge spectroscopy chemical analysis, Brinell hardness, Tensile testing, x-ray, sand testing, liquid dye penetrant, ultrasonic and other techniques to ensure customers receive quality products.
- Chemical Analysis
- Multi-stationed Thermal Analysis equipment for precise control of base Iron chemistries
- Spectrometer, LECO GDS 500A - 16 Elements
- capable of analyzing all forms of ductile iron, gray iron, steel, and other raw materials
- Fully equipped metallurgical laboratory
- Sand Laboratories
- Sand System with Automatic Moisture/Bond Determinator Control System
- Complete green sand property testing equipment
Engineering & Technology
- CAD drawings may be provided by customer using Solidworks, eDrawings, JEDMICS and transmitted via the internet for prompt analysis
- Bar coding capabilities provided as a customer service and for internal inventory and shipping control
Inspection & Testing Equipment
- Brinell Hardness testing with high resolution automated hardness measurement
- Tensile testing of gray and ductile iron samples
- Ultrasonic non-destructive testing equipment