Department: Foundry/Shipping/Core Room
Position Reports To: Area Supervisor
This position performs various pre and post production activities and direct production duties to produce the sand mold, pour the metal into the mold, breakdown the mold, clean the casting and perform finishing activities in the production of grey and ductile iron castings.
• Lift, carry and transfer material and product from floor or
shaker line, pallets, work stations or staging areas
• Manually flip molds to dislodge sand, gating and castings
• Count and verify the material or product on the pallet
• Lift and carry castings to parts containers or work table
• Shovel and rake sand from under machines to
hoppers for recycling
• Sweep or shovel sand to hoppers or to areas to be
picked up by floor sweeper
• Operate overhead crane system to unload parts
from hook off area
• Assist in training co-workers
• Maintain a good attendance record
• Keep work area clean and perform plant wide housekeeping
• Inspect own work for visual defects
• Record data as required on all internal documents
• Perform set-ups, attend to minor breakdowns and report
other equipment conditions as necessary
• Perform any and all other job related tasks as assigned
Skills or Experience Required:
Must have High School diploma or GED. Must be team-oriented. Must be able to follow written and oral instruction. Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Must be focused and have strong attention to detail.
Other Position Demands or Requirements:
Must be able to use the following machines, tools, equipment and/or work aids:
Forklifts, cranes, hand/power tools, forklift, end loader and electric/manual conveyors, cutting torch.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions associated with a particular job. It is intended only to be a general description of the essential functions common to positions of this type.